Pilates Diploma Instructor Training AIQ
This Pilates Diploma instructor training course gives you the best of both worlds. A classical mat Pilates Diploma combined with the latest research. It has been developed by a physiotherapist and experienced Pilates coach. A comprehensive qualification covering the original 34 mat based exercises plus functional and three-dimensional training approaches. You can complete this qualification whether you already teach Pilates or any other Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) accredited discipline at level 3.
Take the opportunity to learn this exercise discipline in tranquil luxury surroundings with the UK’s premier trainers. If you like to immerse yourself in the study we can offer you preferred room rates at the Denia Marriott La Sella Golf Resort & Spa.
With the full Diploma option, you also undertake three further modules. These are unique to the Drummond Diploma! Postural Analysis & Movement Correction, Advanced Stretch & Mobility techniques and Advanced Pilates Biomechanics. This is all included in the price of the Diploma ensuring that you are the best qualified in the business. We also offer an Extended Diploma in Pilates and other modules.
To book yourself for the Pilates Diploma Instructor Training AIQ, please do so securely via PayPal using the ‘Buy Now’ link below. You will then be forwarded to our client questionnaire
REPs Accreditation Level 3
WHAT WILL BE STUDIED?
- Application and adaptation of the original 34 exercises to plan and deliver sessions suitable for a wide selection of clients and/or classes
- The use of Pilates exercise as corrective exercise for kinetic chain dysfunction and postural abnormalities
- How to plan progressive programmes both for group sessions and one to one personal training sessions
- Evolving Pilates into functional exercise
- Exercise sequencing model (unique to Drummond Education developed by our leading Clinical team)
- Detailed teaching skills, observation and correction techniques
- The use of small equipment to focus or challenge your clients including , Pilates circles, Thera bands and balls
WHAT WILL BE STUDIED ON THE ADVANCED PILATES MODULE?
- How to use the prep phase as a dynamic diagnostic tool to analyse your client’s movement and kinetic chain restrictions
- More advanced sequence of progressions of each exercise- so re-visit the more technical exercises such as rollover, boomerang, full scissors and bicycle. Practice using breath and other training variables to enhance the outcome and performance.
- Add 3D functionality into your classical repertoire.
- How to add in more dynamic programming to challenge deep core stabilisers in standing.
- Problem-solving techniques – looking at blockages along the kinetic chain and appropriate interventions
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
- One/Two-day attendance for anatomy on Advanced Human Motion (AHM); if not already level 3 together with pre-reading of anatomy materials
- Two days Postural Analysis & Movement Correction (PAMC), not included if already a qualified Level 3, (optional but recommended). You can book this separately.
- Three days classical mat practical
- One day assessment
- One day Advanced Pilates Biomechanics. Not included if already a level 3 but can be added separately. Attendance is after successful assessment of your diploma together with 12 weeks of teaching experience. This further day of training is offered within the price of your course. to enhance your learning and knowledge in Advanced Pilates Biomechanics module.
WHO IS THE COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
- Individuals 16 years or over
- Those wishing to pursue a career in teaching Pilates both to individuals and in group sessions
- Individuals already running sessions but lacking a formal qualification
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED?
- No qualifications or experience are required to take this course, however, you must have been attending Pilates classes as a participant for a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the start of your practical training days.
- If not already a qualified fitness instructor you will also take Functional Anatomy for Fitness (on-line option available), Level 3 Advanced Human Motion & Functional Anatomy (AHM) (on-line option available) and Movement Analysis & Functional Biomechanics (MAFB). These are included in the price of the full course
HOW IS IT ASSESSED?
- Multiple-choice theory exam(s)
- Case study and progressive programme
- Worksheets and teaching log
- Direct observation of a taught session
ARE THERE ANY BOOKS OR SPECIAL EQUIPMENT THAT NEED TO BE PURCHASED?
No, all course materials will be provided
WHAT CAN THE QUALIFICATION LEAD TO?
The ability to teach Pilates both group and one to one with improved knowledge and skills, and with an internationally recognized qualification
Terms and conditions apply to all UK PILATES ACADEMY- SPAIN programmes.