Ante/Post Natal Instructor Course AIQ
This course is a must for all those who teach women; either one on one or in group sessions. You will learn how to plan and teach safe and effective antenatal and postnatal studio or gym sessions. (You will be assessed and certificated in just one discipline of your choice, further disciplines can be added)
To book yourself for the Ante/Post Natal Instructor Course AIQ class, please do so securely via PayPal using the ‘Buy Now’ link below. You will then be forwarded to our client questionnaire
REPs Accreditation Level 3
WHAT IS THE COURSE ABOUT?
- How to identify the physiological and anatomical changes of pregnancy in the body
- How these changes relate to the studio and gym environments
- How to identify cases when exercise and activity are not recommended
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
- Online programme
- One day practical application (optional)
WHO IS THE COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
- Individuals 16 years or over
- Personal trainers and advanced instructors
- Those wishing to work with pregnant or post-natal women
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED?
- Level 2 Certificate In Fitness Instructing – Gym-Based Exercise or Exercise To Music (other similar qualifications may be recognised)
WHAT WILL BE STUDIED?
- Antenatal and postnatal anatomy and physiology
- Core stability and pelvic floor
- Safety implications to training and reasons for referrals
- Development of training programmes suitable for all trimesters of pregnancy
- Postnatal exercise programme development
- Relevant teaching skills
HOW IS IT ASSESSED?
- Multiple-choice theory exam
- Case study
- Session planning and evaluation
ARE THERE ANY BOOKS OR SPECIAL EQUIPMENT THAT NEED TO BE PURCHASED?
- No, all course materials will be provided
- For the assessment day, it may be necessary to bring a friend to practice your programme delivery on
WHAT CAN THE QUALIFICATION LEAD TO?
Working as a specialist in exercise prescription for pre- and post-natal women within gyms, classes or one to one
Terms and conditions apply to all UK PILATES ACADEMY- SPAIN programmes.